New evidence solve Rendlesham UFO mystery once and for all?

A BRITISH RAF squadron was seen by multiple witnesses swarming an area of coastline that had been plagued by mysterious UFO sightings, Express.co.uk can exclusively reveal.

UFO SHOCKER: Details of a new 'British Roswell' UFO case were revealed by Paul Sinclair (pictured)

The case of the Wilsthorpe Incident is being investigated after a number of witnesses to the bizarre events along a 25-mile stretch of the East Yorkshire and North Yorkshire coast were discovered.

Witnesses reported seeing strange lights, and odd-shaped craft in an area from Brandesburton in East Yorkshire to Scarborough, North Yorkshire, between May and September 2009.

In some cases UFOs were seen entering the sea, and cars ground to a halt as one appeared, it is claimed.

Two Chinook helicopters full of RAF personnel landed at the beach by the remote hamlet of Wilsthorpe, East Yorkshire, on Tuesday, September 15 2009, at the height of the sightings, paranormal researcher Paul Sinclair has revealed.

It was the day after a bizarre late-night sighting of between 30 and 40 UFOs in the same area by an elderly couple whose home overlooked the beach, he said.

The multiple UFOs sighting followed a spate of other strange UFO sightings along the area of coastline, Mr Sinclair told the Outer Limits Magazine 70 Years of the Modern UFO Era Conference in Hull.

The military action and UFOs were witnessed by the couple, two bait diggers, and a boat worker, a seven-year investigation by Mr Sinclair has discovered.

Pink-UFO Jon Austin*Paul Sinclair


A pink UFO image sent to Paul Sinclair in 2009 during the height of the sightings.

A local newspaper report written more than a week later on September 24 said up to 50 people had seen the military arrival.

The case began in 2009 as Mr Sinclair recorded several UFO sightings in the area on his former website ILF-UFO.

He also video recorded high levels of military aircraft flying low and circling near his home in Bridlington, East Yorkshire, on September 18 that year.

He said: "At least one of the choppers had its rear loading ramp half open and for some reason the men inside were observing me."

It was not until 2014 when he interviewed the couple, aged in their 80s, about their experience in 2009, that he realised it was one of the UK's most important UFO incidents.

The couple lived in one of 30 flats that overlook the sea at Wilsthorpe.
Mr Sinclair told the conference that the woman described seeing on September 14 2009 15-feet long and eight-feet wide "spaceships over the sea".
He said: "She said there was a huge circle of boomerang-shaped craft.
The Remote flat from where the elderly couple claimed to see up to 40 UFOs.

"She said there were loads - 30 to 40 and the sea below was bubbling, banging and crashing."
The woman said that after about half an hour, the "craft" flew off.

The next day the couple said they saw the military swarming all over the beach.

Mr Sinclair also spoke with a man who runs a bait shop at Bridlington Harbour, who told him his bait diggers had seen "triangle" craft enter the sea in 2009 over the same period.

He said two of his bait diggers had been on Wilsthorpe Beach the day the couple saw the military operation.
They told of seeing "triangles entering the sea" and later "being surrounded by soldiers."

Separately a man working on a boat at Blythe Park boat compound also confirmed the military presence, he said.

Mr Sinclair, who continues to investigate the case, has collated a record of other UFO sightings in the area from at least May 2009 that were either reported in local newspapers or directly to his website.

These include a pink flying saucer and three star-like objects over Flamborough Head, east Yorkshire, on May 10 2009, a huge UFO over Driffield six days later, and a "spherical-shaped craft" seen by nine people at River Head three days after that.

He revealed sightings that continued throughout June and July, including spheres of light over the sea, plus triangle, circular, and egg shaped craft.

Witnesses included trawler men and a retired police officer.

He also had reports of cars stopping working after a UFO sighting, including a black triangular object.

The vehicles worked fine again after the UFO flew out to sea.

These included an off-duty police man driving back from Barmston, East Yorkshire, whose car lights dimmed after a large cube-shaped UFO appeared.


Mr Sinclair said witnesses, including himself, also saw unusually high levels of military aircraft in the area at the peak of the sightings spate.

He said RAF helicopters had flown exceptionally low over his home at times, including when he recorded them three days after the military presence on September 18.

He said: "Why were these planes there? What was so important at the time?

"Does that mean there was a UFO presence, no, but it means there was a military presence.

"We still get military aircraft in the area, but you never get them flying over the rooftops like then."

Mr Sinclair submitted a Freedom of Information request to the Ministry of Defence (MoD) to find out why the operation took place on September 15.

However, the response he eventually received, said it was just a "routine military exercise" and few other details were provided.

The reply said "no live ammunition was used" and "any explosions heard were controlled detonations of simulated ammunitions."

The response added that it was "one of a number of regular exercises" as part of work to defend the UK, and new locations would often be used with landowners' consent.

Mr Sinclair said the case did not yet prove a UFO presence, but: "I think the military arrived because of the objects."

He continues to investigate the case and is trying to obtain historic coastguard reports from the period.

In a post on his Truth Proof Facebook page about the case, he wrote: "When I filmed the helicopters I had no idea there would be any connection to a UFO incident.

"So far it has taken seven years to connect these events, mine and the people who have been bold enough to submit their accounts.

"As a collective they tell an amazing story that if true stands with the great UFO incidents of our time.

"Nothing found can prove with any certainty the UFOs were over the sea as an elderly couple claim, or that the black triangles entered the sea in September 2009 like the bait diggers described.

"All I can do is stack the evidence for and against, either side of the scale."

UFO researcher Russ Callaghan believes he may have solved the case once and for all - and it has nothing to do with aliens, but a "UFO" capusule made by humans, he insists.

Mr Callaghan revealed his new theory at The Outer Limits Magazine's first ever UFO conference in Hull on Saturday to a stunned audience.



The Rendlesham legend, which happened around neighbouring bases RAF Woodbridge and RAF Bentwaters, near Mildenhall, Suffolk, has been dubbed Britain's Roswell, in a nod to the mystery of the UFO crash said to have taken place outside the town in New Mexico, USA, in July 1947.

The UK suspected alien event saw three US officers based at RAF Bentwaters claim a "triangular-shaped craft" landed in neighbouring woods in the early hours of December 26, 1980.The capsule which Russ Callaghan says resembles the sketches made by witnesses of a triangular UFO.



The men first noticed lights and then a UFO "on the floor", and could not account for a 40 minute period while searching in the woods when their communication systems went "off air".

The three - John Burroughs, Bud Steffens, and James Penniston - later told of feeling "static" as they observed the object's flashing lights and hieroglyphic-like markings.

Former Colonel Charles Halt, 77, the most senior witness, who was base deputy commander at the time, was not present during the first encounter, but was told the next morning and investigated that night after officers shouted: "It's back, the UFO's back."

He went to investigate with a team who found three 1.5inch "impact holes," damage to the canopies of trees and "higher radiation levels" in the "landing" area.

He said they then saw a mysterious object in a field between the woods and a farmhouse with "a red light moving."

The ex-colonel said: ”It came towards us into the forest, moving, bobbing up and down in the trees. It was oval, about 100 to 150 yards away, with a dark centre and red around it.”

He claimed there were "sparks" coming from it and after a minute it "exploded and disappeared."

They then spotted objects in the sky, 3,000 to 4,000ft up.

Due to high interest in the case, the British Ministry of Defence (MoD) investigated the case and concluded the lights from Orford Ness lighthouse had been responsible for what was seen over the two nights in terms of lights.

However, this has not satisfied most UFO investigators, failing to explain claims of the UFO being on the ground on the first night.

Mr Callaghan also does not believe the lighthouse was fully responsible for what happened, although he did cast doubt on recent claims from Mr Halt, who insists a real UFO was probably involved.

Mr Callaghan said: "No, it wasn't the lighthouse in my opinion."

Some investigators claim the timing of the lighthouse rotations were in sync with the light sightings observed by Mr Halt on the second night.

But Mr Callaghan was not convinced, saying the old-style analogue recorder used may have had inaccurate timings.

He said: "I don't think they were recording the lighthouse as everyone on the base was aware of where the lighthouse was."

However, Mr Callaghan had spoken with the lighthouse attendant working that night who told him he had met with Mr Halt.

The lighthouse worker said the eyewitness accepted the lights he described did probably originate from the lighthouse.

Mr Callaghan believes if aliens were involved there would have been more mystery observations on the night.

He said: "We are talking about nuclear bases. If something invaded from space they would know about it and there would be a big reaction.

"There was allegedly photos and film taken of the UFO at the time, but we have never seen any of it."

Now, he believes he may have obtained a photograph of what the men saw.

Mr Callaghan has discovered that the 67th Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron was based at RAF Woodbridge at the time of the incident.

The ARRS was a separate unit to Mr Halt's, and would not have to brief them on what it was doing, he said.

This squadron was involved in the recovery of the command module capsules used during the Apollo moon missions and, during the 1980s, the recovery of film sent back to Earth in capsules from spy satellites.

They were recovered by a helicopter once they landed back down, and the ARRS used a mock-up capsule for practice sessions.

Mr Callaghan produced images of the capsule that was actually used at RAF Woodbridge on the night in question.

He said documentary film makers in the Rendlesham case had always left out details about the ARRS crew and the capsule.

He said: "There was no Apollo in 1980, but satellite photographs were taken on film that made entry back to Earth on a mini capsule.

"The ARRS practiced on a mock up. This is the one that was at Bentwaters, it is in Florida now. What is interesting is it was on three legs."



The three airmen who claimed to see the UFO on the first night said the craft was on three legs, and had sketched it as such."

Mr Callaghan said he discovered the ARRS did a practice run on Christmas Day night 1980, but that it had run into problems, and "the chopper pilot dropped the capsule in Rendlesham Forest”.

He said: "They came back the next night to recover it. This could explain what they men say, but nothing I am saying here is proof positive."

Mr Callaghan believes the recovery operation could explain the subsequent large military presence in the forest, and that the ARRS would not have had to brief Colonel Halt's squadron on what happened.

However, the theory does not explain why the MoD investigation report did not offer this up as an explanation for the sighting and just blamed it on the lighthouse.

Questions also remain on why the US Veterans' Association agreed in 2015 to pay the medical bills of Mr Burroughs who claims exposure to high levels of radiation during the "UFO encounter" left him with heart problems.

UFO believers in the conference did not appear impressed by the theory.

In a question and answer session with Mr Callaghan, former policeman John Hanson, who recently published The Halt perspective, about the former colonel's involvement in Rendlesham, said: "It is strange colonel Halt would accept what he saw was the lighthouse, because what he was talking about was thousands of feet in the sky."

More: aliens area 51 etv's evb's grays roswell UFO updates ufo's
More News Here
Breaking News
World News
Science News
Tech News
Politics
Health News
Weather
Android
Paranormal News
UFO News
Games
Video Gamer
Funny
Videos
GIF
Nature

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
News Just For You on Facebook
Cyber Network News on Facebook
Quantum Science News on Facebook
Awake News on Facebook
Paranormal News on Facebook
UFO News on Facebook
Neural Network on Facebook
FML on Facebook
Dark Humor on Facebook
Health News on Facebook
Weather News Facebook
Android Lover on Facebook
Nature on Facebook

Follow Us on Twitter

Advertise with us

Can't Find it? Try our Search