UFO Sighting in Traverse City, Michigan on 2017-07-07 00:00:00 - Very bright light in sky that faded away rapidly

We were sitting on our front porch facing sw between 12-12:30am. jupiter was visible in front of us. i was facing my companion and talking when i glanced back at the sky and saw a bright, fairly large (in comparison to jupiter) at about the 11 o'clock position in relation to jupiter. i said "what's that?" and my companion looked and saw it as well. it moved slightly to the right and pulsed quite a bit brighter and then very rapidly left to the w/sw. i watched it until it was a pinpoint in the sky. my companion thought it disappeared but i could track it for a couple of seconds. it looked white to me but my companion said it looked orange-ish. i saw a plane go over heading north 10-15 minutes before seeing the "object". we were excited and both felt that it was definitely not an airplane.