UFO Sighting in Weslaco, Texas on 2017-06-27 07:30:00 - Object was quite high and was stationary and occasionally a red light blinked

I was on my way to drop off my 7 year old son at summer school. as i turned north, i noticed an object in the sky and told my son as he loves to see airplanes in sky. as we traveled toward it, we both realized it did not appear to be a plane or a helicopter, but could not determine what it could be. what i found odd was it was not moving in any direction. as i approached the stop light, i decided to open car window and take picture with my cell phone. i zoomed as much as my phone would allow me. we continued traveling north about a mile and a half and then turned right toward his school. once we arrived at his school, we got off car and looked back toward same direction and to see if object was still there and notice a jet had left a smoke trail. i told my son oh that was probably what it was. as we looked toward the end of the smoke trail we noticed object once again. by this point the receptionist at my sons school came outside and wondered what we were looking at. we explained what we were looking at. she finally saw the object we were looking at and all of sudden it disappeared and she said, where did it go? about 5 seconds later it reappeared she said that's strange. it was very strange how it disappeared and reappeared.