UFO Sighting in Sonoma, California on 2015-12-18 13:00:00 - Craft hovered over house, no sound

It was a bright, sunny day in december 2015 and i went outside to get firewood. i happened to look up and there was a round, multi-sided, bronze colored craft sitting stationary over the bedroom wing of my house. it had a metallic appearance, sort of dull bronze colored and it seemed to me that it had part concave and convex areas to it on the side of the craft. in terms of shape, it had, as i recall, 5 sides to it, pentagon shaped. there were no propellers and no sound, so it could not have been a drone. i would estimate it to be between 20 to 30 ft. wide and about 30 or 40 feet above the house. it was stationary and silent. i was the only witness and i stood and watched it for several minutes. what is odd to me, though, is that rather than getting my phone and taking pictures and documenting the event, or calling other witnesses, i just went ahead and got the firewood and went back inside with the logs for the fire. i seemed to have forgotten what had just happened; this makes no sense at all to me. about 2 weeks later , into january of 2016, i began to remember what i had witnessed. two main questions in my mind; who was piloting it? and why was it above my house? i am a reliable witness, business owner, aged 64 , and i would have no reason at all to fabricate this event.